Saturday, February 4, 2012

Moving Day!!!

Today is moving day! I've been pretty busy and hardly busy at all for the last week. It was difficult because there was a lot I had to get done, but almost all of it had to wait until the last minute. That was the toughest part; knowing that I really couldn't do any packing because I had already gotten rid of most of my frivolous things when I moved out of my apartment. So most of the things i had left were all things that i consider important and would want to bring with me. :) In the interest of honesty for this blog, I will admit that i had one pretty rough night after saying goodbye to some friends and my sister and her kids. That same night, my mom told me that my brother had made a special effort to be at home, since it was the last night i would be at home. I had a total meltdown as i was trying to go to sleep. I cried for almost 3 hours. I was lucky that one of my friends was up and right there ready to text and support and encourage me. That was a rough night. But then it was friday the next day, and i went to get my car checked out for the trip and the tires rotated and balanced. By the time I got home, it was 1:00 and I had only 5 hours to pack and get ready to go to the bar to see my friends for a last little get-together before leaving town. I was surprised by how much i got done in that time! I got almost all of my clothes packed and all of my shoes packed. And it looked like i still had lots of room! So I had a great time at the bar! It was perfect! People came and people left. But i got to see and talk to everyone. And i got to dance a little bit. It was great. I slept like a baby, and now i am waiting for breakfast to cook so that i can eat and then finish packing like a mad woman! I hope it doesn't take too long to pack the rest of my stuff. I'd really like to get out by early afternoon. Ahhhh! I'll be writing some more soon, and probably uploading some fun pics!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe the day is here! I'm So sad and so incredibly excited for you!! Have fun! Update often! With details even if you think they are boring we won't

    ReplyDelete