Wednesday, February 29, 2012

baby sitting :)

So, last night and tonight Kara and Coltin asked me to babysit while they go show a plan for their business. The kids are super easy to watch, so I don't mind at all doing it. Last night, I couldn't get Jada (the youngest at 6 months old) to go to sleep. So she ended up just sitting up in my lap while I watched Downton Abbey on Netflix. She finally fell asleep just before 11pm and then Kara and Coltin got home at 11:30. She was out, so at least she didn't wake up. Today, since I knew I would be watching the kids again, I knew that I needed to get out of the house and away from everyone for a while. Luckily, Joe (kara's brother) was thinking exactly the same thing and called me to see if I wanted to go out and get coffee and hang out. Thank goodness! So I picked him up and hung out with Coco for 20 minutes while Joe primped and made himself beautiful :) We went to get coffee and he started talking about everything that is going on in his life (or rather not going on, since like me, Joe is currently unemployed), and his relationship. I love Joe like a little brother, so I feel that everything in his life is not perfect. I just want him to be happy so bad! Anyway, we ended up going to the mall nearby and just walking around browsing a whole bunch of stores and talking about everything for several hours. It was nice, but neither of us wanted to go back home by the time we were done walking around the mall, so I suggested that we go to this dive-looking bar just down the street from Kara's house. It was pretty sweet. Bigger than it looks from the outside, and all of the cushions on the stools are all ripped. The locals were obviously regulars, but they were very friendly as they each gave me their particular opinions on the local brews. :) When we finished our drinks, we came back to Kara's and and I ended up in a tickling match with Mira and Alyssa while Caiden and I also wrestled. He'll be dangerous when he gets bigger, but for now, he is still light enough that at the very least, I can just pick him up and toss him away from me onto the couch to get away. As Kara and Coltin and their friends were leaving to go to their plan, I surrendered myself to Mira for a make-over. I got more and more scared as she started taking even the lip gloss and spreading it around my face. But she was working so hard and was really trying to make it look nice. As she worked, Alyssa did her own makeup and then it was my turn to do Mira's makeup. As I was doing hers, Vincent decided that he really wanted in on the fun! Now, normally I would not have encouraged him, because I know that Coltin really does not like it when his boys show any interest in anything "girly", because he doesn't want them to think it's okay, because I think he is terrified of them becoming gay. (There are several gay people in both Kara and Coltin's families, so I think it is something that he constantly worries about.) Anyway, I wanted to share the pics with you, since they are simply crazy!

3 comments:

  1. HAHA! I LOVE it! I love Vincent's lips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! O my your face is slightly scary. :)

    Sounds like you are having a great time!! and have you been calling around for jobs?! Any interviews? Work realyl hard to work at the sperm donor place!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I finally got on your blog. I could never find it on facebook.
    Cute picture.

    ReplyDelete