Wednesday, February 22, 2012

illness, and boredom

So, a few days ago, Kara's oldest kid, Coltin, had a cough and watery eyes. Alright, no biggie, right? NOT RIGHT! Now 2 of the other kids have a cough, headache, bloody noses, and seriously watery eyes! What the heck is this??? I'm washing my hands every 20 minutes and loading up on echinacea. Whatever it is, they look terrible and I do NOT want it! Other than that, things are going pretty good :) I'm not terribly homesick. Of course I miss my friends and my family a lot. But I'm doing alright. I keep sending out my resume to these large science companies, but haven't heard anything back from them yet. Tara, you had excellent advise, and I promise I will follow-up with those companies tomorrow! For whatever reason, I find it very easy to put off calling them and asking if they have received my resume, and letting them know that I'm very interested in working for them (seriously, working at any of these companies would be awesome!) I know that I need to do it, but it is hard to find some time to make any personal phone calls without the kids making tons of noise in the background, especiall since all of the kids have this whole week off of school. And then when I do find some extra time, I want to call friends or family to chat or catch up, not make business calls. Ugh, I promise myself and all of you that I WILL do it tomorrow. It is really hard to think about being in a different time zone, too. The worst is that in order to use free evening minutes, I need to wait for 9pm, but that's 11pm at home, and midnight if I want to talk to Mary in florida! I will have to make sure that I keep track of the minutes being used so that we don't go over. I'm still exercising at least once a day, and twice a day several days a week. But as usual, my body doesn't have any interest in losing weight! It's so stupid. I did a genetic test of my body thru my Amway business a year or two ago, and one of the things it said is that in order for my body to lose weight, I need to be doing multiple sessions of high-intensity exercise a week. One of Kara's friends out here has been doing Insanity. I'm thinking that I should start inviting myself to workout with her. Maybe that would help. Besides that, I've become familiar with the neighborhood I'm living in, so I no longer need to use my GPS to find things :-) And I've been working on including myself with Kara and Coltin and the people that they hang out with, so that I am more comfortable hanging out with them. It's not the same as making my own friends, but at least it's something. I really need to start talking to people so that I can meet people. But as I'm sure all of you know; It's really hard to make friends as an adult! I've been thinking of trying to find some sort of group on craigslist to join, but am a little leary of that. If any of you have any suggestions as far as meeting people, or finding a group to hang out with, let me know. Oh, and lastly, Washington drivers are pretty darn polite and laid back :) Mary, if you read this, you GOTTA come out here sometime just to compare drivers in WA and FL! They all follow the speed limit, and totally let you merge in front of them if you put your blinker on. It is so funny. Alright, so, hopefully I'll get something a lot more interesting to write soon, but if any of you are on skype, go ahead and find me (see below) and we can video chat. Also, if any of you are interested in checking out any of the products I sell on my website, I am running a 10% off promotion of any nutrilite or XS products for the rest of the month! Text or call or email or facebook me if you have any questions. My favorite are the meal replacement shakes and bars, and the concentrated fruits and vegetable pills (they also have those in the liquid form that you squirt into your water, but I already do that with the joint replacement thingys, so i just take the pills) Hope you are all well! Love, Katie Skype: klhen12 My Store: www.amway.com/katiehenrikson

1 comment:

  1. I think going to fitness classes and slowly talking to people in the class would be good! Search for volunteer opportunities you are interested in! YOu could meet people that way!New city, new you! Go do some crazy stuff you never wuold before! :P)

    ReplyDelete