Wednesday, January 11, 2012

getting some details figured out

I just jumped on here late tonight cuz i wasn't tired yet, and updated all of my profile info, including a lengthy "about me" section. Anyone interest can decide to read it or not :)  I'm still figuring out exactly how this all works, but I would like to think i'm getting it a little bit.

Anyway, I've been thinking about my upcoming move, and since i have only a very small Kia Rio5 hatchback, I've been stressing a little about how on earth i'm gonna fit everything in there that i want to take with me, AND fit in my mom with a small bag for her! I was able install an aftermarket roof rack by myself the other day (it was amazingly easy), and have been considering the different ways that i could make use of that. It was, of course, brought to my attention that we own a rooftop cargo bag that i could use, but i've been thinking of buying a metal basket system and using that. I think that i could then strap quite a few things on top of the car that way :)

However, packing doesn't seem to be my only problem.  I have begun to realize how ridiculously easy it is to lose something in one's own bedroom! There are several things that i have the receipt for, but which have mysteriously vanished; even tho i'm pretty sure that they were in my bedroom at one time.  I'm going to attribute this to my recent move and the stress of another, more dramatic move/change.  I'm sure these things would turn, if only i had the opportunity to really look.

1 comment:

  1. totally read your about me section, and I LOVE that you mention me! :) hehe. And have no fear I will badger you about updating. :)

    it made me want to quit my job pack up and move!! HAHAHA. I seriously am so excited for you to have this journey!! I think it is one so many people wish they would have done! And I am so glad you are doing it!!

    ReplyDelete