Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Finally, a new adventure!

I took Joe to his acupuncture appointment today in Freemont, Seattle. Lately, Joe has decided to go from gluten-free/vegetarian, to gluten-free/vegan. So, it's been interesting to say the least to be around him a lot, since he can't eat hardly anything in a normal restaurant. Well, Freemont is like hippy central and many of the bars/restaurants and most of the cafes offer gluten-free/vegan alternatives, if not being totally vegan. Anyway, Joe's acupuncturist recommended a cafe to us and we decided to check it out. It's such a beautiful area, so we were just walking around, me in heels. I was impressed, because this cafe was entirely gluten-free and vegan, and we had delicious personal pizzas, and paninis, and we tried to fantastic muffins! They were very, very good! I never even gave a thought to attempting a vegetarian (much less vegan) lifestyle, but given these recipes (and some extra money) I would totally do it! Knowing how great it is for your body, I would like to be able to do it. While we were there, we were talking to some of the people and mentioned that we were still new to the Seattle area and hadn't seen enough of the sights. They told us that just a couple blocks over was one of the biggest tourist spots in the Freemont neighborhood; the Freemont Troll! There is a giant cement troll that was crafted underneath the Freemont ave bridge and he's actually crushing a real VW Beetle! Down the street a block are the wire creations of the 3 Billy Goats Gruff. It was a fun little excursion. (although, you should see the hills that I had to hike up 3 blocks in 3 inch heels!)

2 comments:

  1. I need paragraph breaks!

    But glad you're having fun!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna, I feel the same way. I type my posts using paragraph breaks, unfortunately they aren't posted that way :( I don't know if blogs in general don't support it, or if I'm still just doing it wrong. Oh well, hope you keep reading anyway!

    ReplyDelete